Enjoy this delicious (and immune boosting) chicken soup!
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery ribs, sliced
1 3-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into slivers
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 cups bok choy, chopped (about 2 small heads)
1-1/2 teaspoon curry powder 6 cups chicken stock
1 pound cooked chicken, shredded
Fresh daikon sprouts
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Add the onion, carrots, celery and ginger and cook for 6-7 minutes, until the onion is soft and translucent, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the garlic, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the curry powder, chicken stock, and chicken and stir to combine.
4. Continue to cook until the soup reaches a simmer, then stir in the bok choy.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover with a lid, and let the simmer for about 20 minutes.
6. Garnish with daikon sprouts and cilantro.